A function that is already running can be updated with new configuration. The following settings can be updated:
- Function code
- Output topic
- Log topic
- Number of instances
- Config keys
If you need to update any other setting of the function, you will have to delete and then re-add the function.
Updating a function
To update a function:
- From the left sidebar menu, select Functions/Manage.
- Find the function you would like to update. You can filter the listed functions by name, runtime, and namespace. Once you find the function, click on the Manage button.
- You should now see the details of the function. Click on the Update button at the bottom of the screen.
- You should now see the Add screen, populated with the current values of the function. Change one or more of the following settings: Output Topic, Log Topic, Instances, Config Keys. All other settings cannot be modified.
- Click on the Update button.
- You will be brought to the function detail screen where you can review the updated function.